Silk is a natural protein fiber, produced by silkworm to form cocoons. Invented by ancient China and was orignally reserved for Chinese emperors, silk is long, fine, soft, light and just perfect. Silk products are well known for top luxury bedding choices as they bring incredible and unparalleled comfort:
Good silk offers you:
-Body temperature control: extra warmth in the winter and cool in the summer, for its unique protein structure. Breathable, dissipates excess heat after it absorbs moisture.
-Extremely light. Many types of amino acids calm human’s nerves and improve sleeping.
-Silk duvets fit your body curve perfectly. No chance to have the cold air come inside.
-100% anti-bacterial, hypoallergenic, anti-mite, mildew-proof, and odor-free.
-The strongest natural fiber!
How to identify good silk duvets? Medussa got some rules of thumbs for you:
1. 100% Mulberry silk. The most two common types of real silk are Mulberry silk and Tussah silk. Mulberry silk is definitely much better for its color, sheen, feel and function. It is more expensive, but you always get what you pay for.
2. Within Mulberry silk, long strand fiber is always better because it is bulkier, durable and warmer. If the Mulberry silk comes from double cocoons, it will be the best of the best quality guaranteed.
3. Small inspection zip (usually on the corner) available on the silk duvet. Most good manufacturers will leave an inspection zip to allow you to see and touch the silk inside. If not, either they don’t want to show you or they just don’t have confidence of the silk quality.
4. Long but not messy, with a lustrous pearl white color, and you feel soft and smooth when touch it, there is no obvious unpleasant smell.
5. Cotton shell. While silk shell is regularly too expensive, cotton shell is by far the most popular choice because it is breathable, easy to maintain, and comfortable. Polyester is not recommended because it is not breathable.
6. No stitching box. Because good silk, with a good shell, won’t shift around at all. The stitch makes the silk less bulky, and very difficult to inspect the silk inside. If you choose cotton shell, these long strand silk fibers will have an excellent contact with the cotton, thus prevent it from any shifting inside.
7. Check filling weight, not the whole duvet. Some manufacturer will use a heavier shell to cover the fact of intentionally reduced silk fill to save cost.
The silk duvets from Medussa are 100% quality assured: All Medussa silk products are examed by a third-party official commodity inspection authority to ensure the 100% quality and component.
-100% Top Grade long strand Mulberry silk fill from China, the finest silk available currently.
-Supreme cotton shell: 60S TC400 cotton Jacquard and long inspection zip guaranteed.